An old high school friend of mine posted this quote today on her FB page. I needed to hear this today too, so often do I wish I had more, I think I should go to work and be away from my children all day everyday just so we/they can have what others have. I feel very blessed that I am a mother, the hardest most underpayed job in the WORLD and I get to do it full time, 24 hours a day 365 days a year no sick days, little vacation time no pay but yet richer than if I had a million dollars..this was my take on the quote, yours may be different and thats ok!
I'd Rather
I'd rather be a mother
Than anyone on earth
Bringing up a child or two
Of unpretentious birth.
I'd rather nurse a rosy babe
With warm lips on my breast
Than wear a queen's medallion
Above a heart less blest.
I'd rather tuck a little child
... All safe and sound in bed-
Than twine a chain of diamonds
About my foolish head.
I'd rather wash a smudgy face
With round, bright baby eyes-
Than paint the pageantry of fame,
Or walk among the wise.
-Meredith Gray
I'd rather be a mother
Than anyone on earth
Bringing up a child or two
Of unpretentious birth.
I'd rather nurse a rosy babe
With warm lips on my breast
Than wear a queen's medallion
Above a heart less blest.
I'd rather tuck a little child
... All safe and sound in bed-
Than twine a chain of diamonds
About my foolish head.
I'd rather wash a smudgy face
With round, bright baby eyes-
Than paint the pageantry of fame,
Or walk among the wise.
-Meredith Gray
The picture above is my favorite ornament made by my middle child in Kindergarden. It makes me cry everytime I read it. It reminds me of how blessed I am to be her mother! It reads:
Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.
But every day I'm growing -
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away.
So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small.
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.
But every day I'm growing -
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away.
So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small.

No comments:
Post a Comment